Wednesday, September 24, 2008

T-Mobile treats their customers like redheaded step children...



I have been a good T-Mobile customer for a number of years - which means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to T-Mobile....

I was all kinds of excited to preorder the G1 this morning - imagining the day when it arrives at my office, unwrapping the little box and caressing its shiny black sleekness...mmmmmm....GooglyGoodness....mmmmm....sigh..ok, I digress....

So I login to the T-Mobile web site, all ready to order when I add it to the cart its showing at a price of $299 - AFTER a $100 discount. Um...WTF?!?!?!? This is NOT the $179 that is being touted all over the web (though if everything on the web were true, I'd have a large penis (uh thanks but no thanks, spam), an MBA I didn't work for, several large lottery winnings, a compulsive gambling habit, no credit card debt, and be on my FREE cruise to the Bahamas).

Oh and did I mention that you also have to buy an extra monthly package that is either $25 or $35 PER MONTH. I almost don't mind the extra monthly fee for data services. But what really gets to me is that because I am an existing customer, I am being punished. Wow. Real nice T-Mobile.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that with the upgrade to the phone I'd also be tacking on an additional 2 years to my contract with T-Mobile.

I'm suddenly not feeling like this is such a great thing any longer. I'm sure the phone is wonderful but their choice of provider seriously leaves something to be desired.

This is my second time with T-Mobile and after this - I'm starting to feel like it should be my last. In my old age, lol, I have started to be more discerning regarding the companies that get my business. I, frankly, don't like to be jerked around - it wastes my time and energy - things that are in limited supply these days.

Oh I am pissed.

I think I'd rather spend the $299+ to break my contract with T-Mobile.

Apparently, I'm not the only one. Found the accompanying image online - yet another disgruntled T-Mobile customer......