Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dog vs. Expressway and there's a spider on my router - how is your day?


My commute last night was harrowing...all I wanted to do was go home - it had been a very long week and I was looking forward to a very long weekend - filled with homework....Anyway, I was getting on the on ramp to the highway when I was cut off!!! This happens often at this on ramp but last night i was cut off by a canine rather than a motor vehicle. This redish brown dog, I'd guess to be about 40 pounds, ran right in front of my car and proceeded to run down the ramp onto the expressway right in front of my car....

I put my hazards on and i'm driving on the shoulder as the dog is staying directly in front of my car. I'm halfway in the right lane and half way on the shoulder trying to keep the dog from getting spooked and running across traffic. The dog finally ran up on the embankment. I stop my car, a guy in a suit pulls around in front of me and a woman pulls up behind me. The guy and I get out and start to make our way up the grassy incline. People are slowing to watch the crazies run around like mad on the side of the road. The dog stops, runs back and forth at the fence and then takes off going the wrong way back down the road - the man and I stood helplessly by our cars as the pup runs further and further away. i didn't want to watch but i had to - i walked partially down the road towards the ramp - the dog, thankfully, had run back up the ramp and ended up safely back on the street and off of the highway.

So that was my commute last night...this morning I slept in a whole extra hour, puttered around the house and a few minutes ago i turned my laptop on only to find that my wireless internet connection was a little funky so i went to the office to adjust my router when lo! there is something crawling on it! I move closer for a look and find an eight legged terror resting there, square on my router. :( There is nothing i can do about it. I can't really kill them, i can't trap it - i am forced to retreat. But i blame the spider for the slow internet connection... :( And now i can't go into my office...sigh....What a day...