Thursday, June 12, 2008

Gnomes...


We're all aware of underwear and sock gnomes, right? Well, I've got a new breed living in my apartment. Diet Coke Gnomes...I don't normally keep soda in the house - I can be a bit of an addict. But recently I had a can in the fridge from having ordered dinner and a couple of cans of Diet Coke...I drank one can with dinner that evening and was saving the extra can for later consumption...Later consumption was supposed to happen a couple of nights ago....It was a hot, rather sticky evening and I was really looking forward to a very cold can of Diet Coke - mmmmmmmm...I opened the fridge and couldn't find it. So I decided to dig (since I've been single, the fridge is more like a large box to store things I mainly am not interested in and/or to keep beverages cold)...I manuvered through the landfill - past the old bathtub and the aged tires, still no Diet Coke...Then I started to get annoyed...Where the F is my coke???? I mean seriously... I pulled everything out. Looked under a two year old jar of olives just to be sure it hadn't shrunk...Still, no can...And then it hit me. I have become infested with Diet Coke Gnomes...At that point, I realized that all hope was lost and I just needed to put the stuff back in the fridge and give up. There is no hope once the DC Gnomes have visited....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!