Friday, June 20, 2008

How I'm Spending My Summer...

I still can't find a new job here...I'm guessing I'll be relocating....Indianapolis?....Dubuque? While I would love to live near the Tx. clan, (and Dallas is experiencing job growth and has a lower cost of living) its just too darn hot there....and I don't like chiggers...or fire ants...or scorpions....LOL....I feel weird about leaving the area but not really. I mean some part of me really wants to get the heck outta here. Chicago is a nice place I suppose but I'm not really attached. Only to people, not to the place - at all....And it would be nice to experience something new and different. I've always wanted to live elsewhere - its part of the reason I chose to go to school online. In this economy, one has to be flexible....

So, I know the summer is just beginning and I don't actually get a "summer" per se - I'll be in school and working like normal but I hope I can devote some extra time to my HTML/CSS skills. It's all self taught so its slow - on top of not having much in the way of free time. Especially now.

I've been working on a couple of side projects in building sites - they're nothing special by any means, and mainly just silly things - I just wish my skills were a little better....I love building silly sites of no consequence....Sorry, just random thoughts here....

My last two classes of my BA are killer with all their assignments. I've got a group project coming up and I haven't devoted any time to it yet...UGH...and three papers every week!!! My group is going to kill me. I haven't read any of my chapters this week which means MASSIVE cramming this weekend. :( I'm already pissed off that my GPA fell to a 3.75 when I had maintained a 4.0 for the last year and a half. I don't need it to fall off any further!!

I so can't wait to graduate. The end of August cannot come fast enough!! Granted it means starting my MBA but at least I'll have that coveted piece of paper - finally!