Sunday, June 8, 2008

The best laid plans...


This is Riley - my beautiful angel...we met today for the very first time...and I fell in love with my snuggly little monkey...sigh....that kid has got me wrapped around her tiny little fingers already...

This weekend was chock full of supposed activities...Not only was I to have a date, but I was homework free and I was going to meet my niece for the first time, as well as replace my toilet seat and a host of other household chores....I was pretty worn out on Friday night so I decided to lay low after work...Saturday rolled around and I was up and at 'em first thing in the morning. Breakfast with mom and sis, errands and then home in time to do a quick load of laundry before getting ready for my date.

We were going to go to an outdoor festival in a neighboring town but the weather was taking a turn for the worse so we settled on a bar in between our respective homes...and that's when a tornado hit the southern suburbs causing my date to worry about safety and cancel on me as I was about to walk out the door. Not sure how I felt about this, to be honest...Granted it wasn't my apartment in the path of the tornado but nor were we headed into its path so I dunno - seemed a little wussy to me...I don't think I'm going to bother trying again with this one...

The good news is that after two trips to the hardware store I have successfully installed a new toilet seat...I know this may not seem like much to some but it was a huge leap for me. The only casualty was one broken nail! I have to admit, I'm pretty proud. Next will be the shower head...

Anyway, like I said, I met my monkey for the first time today. She's all of about 6 pounds and so adorably cute its not even funny. I'm completely smitten. She slept in my arms for about two hours and the only reason I relinquished her was because I had to use the bathroom. She's a funny thing - she's so noisy, she snores and murmurs while she sleeps, its overwhelmingly cute...sigh...Oh Riley you're already the apple of your aunts eye...

While visiting the baby my brother scared me into some serious rethinking of my law school plans...I'm not sure that my plan is the wisest and I need to think about this seriously. He brought up some good points that I hadn't considered. The school I want to go to is very expensive and for what I'll take out in loans (over $75K) over the three years I'd be going part time, I could take out enough to live on and go full time to be done even faster....Just when I thought I had a plan...

Back to the drawing board...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!