Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Helper Monkey!!!!!

This holiday season is starting out on a disappointing note for me. I was informed the other day that I will not be receiving a helper monkey for Christmas. Nor am I getting the other item on my list, an oil change. I don't mean just a gift certificate to Jiffy Lube, I mean taking Mia to the mechanics and giving her a thorough lubing. Now...the caveat is that only two people have ever been allowed to drive Mia - one was family, in an emergency and the other was a very dear friend I went to visit out of state - I even let him take her out in the snow last winter. (Much love!)

So, to give me the second thing on my list would require wrestling Mia's keys from my hands....Which would require either some form of unconsciousness or death - making this a larger undertaking than Boyfriend was prepared for this holiday season. Plus he said it was very unboyfriendy to give me something like an oil change. I am disappointed. *sigh*

Since seemingly I have no idea what a boyfriend gift is supposed to constitute, and therefore cannot even wager a guess, I've resorted to wheedling. He won't tell me what he got for me but whatever it is, apparently, requires an audience. So I'm thinking he either got me a circus bear or a stripper pole. 

It makes me worry that my own gift, which requires no audience, might be lacking. Actually, his big gift does have audience potential, I suppose. It's wicked cool and I'm excited to give it. But it's not very "romantic" - but then neither am I....Meh, w/e if he doesn't enjoy it, I will. :-)

Did you all get your shopping done? I still have much more to go. *sigh* It's seemingly endless.