Thursday, December 13, 2012

Gone but not forgotten!


"Some people can stay in your heart but not in your life..." 

So, I'm on a bit of a reminiscing kick. Thinking about those who take up space in my heart but are not active in my life for so many reasons, from death to distance to differences. It's funny, I want to reach out to them, just to know how they are, just to know they are doing ok and find out what they're up to these days. But, it's simply not possible - for some, I wouldn't even know how to find many of them, it's been so long. For others, it would possibly cause them pain that they do not deserve, nor want. My reaching out would be purely selfish, just a quick call for me but unleashing demons that are best left caged in distant memories for others. 

Given that I won't make the first move, I play a little game - imagining that their lives are everything they wanted or at least the good things that I wanted for them. I don't know that it's true for any of them but I like to think that it is. That these people who once influenced or were once influenced, are happy and healthy and leading wonderful lives. That when our paths crossed and then diverged, we managed to leave each other better people.

It must sound silly but I don't care. I do wish everyone peace, love and happiness - those in my life, those who are no longer a part of it and those who have never been.

I must not be the only one this happens to because someone came out of the woodwork the other day! I was beyond thrilled - our chat was brief but it warmed my heart. The past behind us and though things won't be the same - we're different people now - it doesn't mean we can't be something else. :-)

So, to those MIA, know this - you're in my heart, always and if you'd like to get reacquainted, I'd be more than happy to accommodate.