Monday, November 19, 2012

Whirlwind Weekend

Wow, what a weekend! Niece came in from Texas, I got together with Tasha and it was Boyfriend's birthday. Plus it's the weekend before Thanksgiving. And I managed to squeeze in a little clothes shopping - three new sweaters and a cute little denim skirt that goes nicely with my new boots. I just need some colored tights - I found some funky ones and some black and white striped ones - totally cute.

Anyway, we went to Medieval Times to celebrate as it was Boyfriend's birthday. I think I had been when I was much younger but nothing really rang a bell when we were there. We had fun, I had too much beer and got a flower from my Blue Knight.

And yes, I'm pretty sure he's sporting a (knightly) mullet. :-) The horsemanship was amazing which was good because the food was not. Lol. But I had a fun couple sitting to my left and engaged them regularly. Unfortunately, Boyfriend got stuck sitting next to a comatose man who seemed to enjoy nothing. All in all, an evening well spent. Gimmicky and silly, but we gave in to the gimmick and had a great time.

I gave Boyfriend a bunch of Spurs stuff, including a pez dispenser - because who doesn't need pez??

I also found a place that serves a very traditional English breakfast - something he's been missing. This place is A-DOOR-A-BULL - I mean totally cute, in every way, shape and form. We were seated by a window on the second floor.





And I was served my coffee in cute blue and white china:







Comfy leather furniture (which is usually an oxymoron in my world) and soft green wallpaper (something else that is usually a no-no in my book) and lots and lots of hardwood - it was as sumptuous as the food:




I can't wait to come back and have irish coffee(s) by the fireplace. And then Boyfriend can drive my drunken irish (and swedish) butt home and pour me into bed. Lol. I'm sure he's looking forward to that as well (rofl).

I'm glad Boyfriend enjoyed his weekend and while it was chock full of doings, I have to admit, I enjoyed the weekend as well. Even with the corniness - if you buy into it, it's fun. The horses were amazing and I don't mind getting flowers, even from mulleted men I don't know.