Saturday, November 10, 2012

Snowy + AWOLNATION = K-Love

Or "Never let your fear decide your fate"....

Ok, so what on earth do Snowy and AWOLNATION have in common? They're both RIGHT! Hehe. Not that I've ever doubted the sage words of Snowy. But when they're repeated in one of your most favorite songs ever by one of your most favorite bands ever - well, it's pretty hard to ignore.

So I was driving around this weekend, lots of stuff going on and, of course, since Boyfriend's very thoughtful present, I've been able to play all sorts of wonderful music in Mia. And I was in an AWOLNATION mood. So I had the radio turned up and was happily singing along  song after song - you know when you understand somethings meaning - I mean I got it - it wasn't lost on me but suddenly I internalized it. 

It hit me finally (yeah yeah yeah, blame the tin foil hat or the shortbus) how applicable that quote really is. It's easy to let our fears hold us back. It's easier to live a risk free life - but even then, there are no guarantees, though maybe the risks are minimized - I don't know. And that's what I did...

But that's not living.

For so long, for far too long, I let fear decide my fate. I'm not even sure what I was afraid of. In the past year, I've experienced more life than I did in the couple of years prior and I can't even begin to understand why. It all made sense to me at the time and I defended my choices to the people who tried to call me out (or I at least ignored you, lol) - yet here I am, looking back and I can't explain any of it.

I'm out here, in the world, and it's not scary - not really. It's fun, and amazing, and awe inspiring. It's funny, and sad, and crazy and tiresome and beautiful but it's not scary. I still wear the tinfoil hat so the mothership can locate me but in the meantime, I'm going to chill out here with my fellow refugees and enjoy living.

 In case you live under a larger rock than I: