Sunday, October 7, 2012

App and Apple Pies

While waiting for the pies to bake, I figured I'd try the Blogger App. Previous posts-on-the-go were via mobile browser and less than easy to use.

His apartment smells wonderful, cinnamon and nutmeg, scents of fall and warmth. The fruits of our labors from last weekend baking away.

We were up and out early after a late-ish night of Evil Intentions and movies. After the haunted house, we came back for Mexican food and a movie on the couch.

The haunted house was certainly scary. Boyfriend lead the way, holding my hand - at time I pushed him ahead when things were behind me, breathing and shuffling while goose bumps formed on my skin.

Chainsaw guy freaked me out in the room with all the barrels and then there was this weird blast of air that scared the heck out of me - it hit my legs and made me jump, while emitting a small yelp of fear.

Probably not the scariest thing in the world but the drive out was nice, we listened to music and sang along.



This morning we got up early and headed to the pub for proper football and irish coffee. After we (and by we, I mean the team that I am, by default, a fan of) won and had our celebratory shot of whiskey at 11am, we headed out for dutch pancakes and really good coffee at Pannekoeken Cafe and then back to his place for baking. And yes, I know my pic is sideways, I felt a little sideways after having several of these for breakfast....




16 apples and an hour later, two fine apple pies emerged from the oven. One destined for immediate consumption while the other was headed to my family's.

Couldn't have asked for a nicer weekend.