Wednesday, June 27, 2012

For The Love of Books!

So basically, here it is - Out of Print Clothing - http://outofprintclothing.com visit this awesome online store and pick out some gear. They do the rest! I purchased a Pride and Prejudice shirt (Jane Austen's another of my favorite authors and the shirt is just pretty).

How cool of a mission is this:

"In addition to spreading the joy of reading through our tees and accessories, we acknowledge that many parts of the world don’t have access to books at all. We are working to change that. For each product sold, one book is donated to a community in need through our partner Books For Africa."

If your wardrobe is already full of 1984 iphone cases, you can go directly to Books for Africa and donate: www.booksforafrica.org.

If everyone did one small, charitable action every month - think of how BIG of an impact that would actually turn out to be! Doesn't have to be a huge undertaking! I needed another summer shirt - so found one that would help someone else out, along with enhancing my wardrobe. :-) I know, I know. Ignore my preachiness....sigh....

I've just started another Kazuo Ishiguro novel, it's been hanging out on my phone forever and I've been distracting myself from reading lately. I am not sure what my deal has been. I think that sometimes I get so invested in what I read that it is all consuming and draining and when my energies are already depleted, I cannot afford that kind of venture.

What's everyone got on their summer reading lists? I'm so backlogged but always open for suggestions!

Speaking of books, I need to go grab one for the LSAT. I thought I had one but goodness knows I still haven't completely unpacked...Yes, yes, De Nile ain't just a river...I need to start my studying in August at the latest. (And OMG I looked at some of the prep logic questions and I am seriously questioning my sanity)! Goodness knows I have the worst study habits sometimes...(Best line from a song ever, "Blame it on my ADD, baby" - it rivals "used to be commander-in-chief of my PimpShip flying high" both are ever so apropos right now).

I've been very, very sick this past week - which ended up putting a damper on my weekend o' fun that I had planned. I still attended most events but I was unable to enjoy or stay very long. I'm taking suggestions for anything that will help! Leave me a comment with your cures or send me an email! Thanks in advance!

So my most favoritest holiday is coming up, Independence Day!!!! (I just like when things explode and bbqs and bendy fuzzy daisies you can win at the festival and no snow and cold beer). This year it has much significance for me and shall be celebrated appropriately! Though it falls on a Wednesday, which is not quite so favoritest....

What's everyone got planned? I know quite a few people taking a few days off and making a long weekend of it. Going somewhere fun? Send me a postcard! :-) If you'd like to take Samson with you, let me know. I'd love to get pictures of him on an adventure. :P


Happy and safe travels to my family abroad! I love you guys and miss you already! Can't wait for your return with tales of Nepal and monkeys!!!!


A note to B, I miss you, my friend. You are in my thoughts!

Currently in my rotation: (45 by Gaslight Anthem - TURN IT UP!!!)




Ok, I need to get at it for the day! Thanks for the read and please keep in touch! XOXO! :-)