Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday

Busy weekend behind me (and an even busier week prior), Monday seems to find me relatively happy though seemingly unprepared (or simply unwilling) for beginning my day, lol. Mourning, contemplating, reflecting, of course. Yet the underlying happiness is not to be ignored.

My coffee is a touch brackish this morning. Unfortunate but tolerable. My numerous soy lattes will make up for it later, I'm sure.

Balance can be elusive....

I believe I am going to be participating in a 3k walk for an animal shelter next month so I'll be looking for sponsors (hint, hint). Yes, I will be shamelessly begging for your support.

So I got talked into returning. I'm seeing a pattern here of revisiting...I do not think this is a wise path to pursue overall, however, I am treading lightly and having no expectations of any sort. I think it shall be fine on all fronts. My attitudes towards everything have been evolving.

I got to see Jack and my RileyGirl yesterday at the country club. She was all decked out in little pink shoes and a spring dress. Upon my arrival, she hopped into my arms and said "I am 4 now and so are my bones." - does it get any cuter than that? Then, I was the Tickle Monster, she ran around the table attempting to evade my tickle fingers, giggling with every step. I loved watching her eat the frosting off of a piece of cake, wiping her mouth after every bite. Such an adorable thing.

Mar had Jasper in for a few days for his birthday - what a cute kid, he's got an infectious smile! I haven't seen him since he was a baby. He and his siblings are far too cute. When Kai was in last summer it was a riot being out with him. He's a character.

My next date with Nick is going to be mini-golf. I'm pretty bad at it but still love it. I think they have go-karts at the place we're going too. He was pretty excited about that one. Maybe next weekend now that things are a little more settled.