Saturday, January 21, 2012

Brunch and Snowball Fights

There is no better way to recover from a snowball fight than a hot, candle lit bath - yes, I do have my girly moments....

Try as I might, I could not shake the chill upon my return home, until I drew a steaming bath, tamped my earphones firmly into my ears and slid in....The warm, scented water, swelling around my body as I eased myself down. Enveloped and engulfed.

I gave myself over completely, body and soul...letting the water lap at my skin, while the music filled my head. Warmth caressed me, my toes, my calves, making its way to my thighs, I sunk lower, letting all but my head submerge.

Heat penetrated, my muscles melting in response, slipping me into almost a trance like state. I stayed motionless, my mind drifting along unexplored planes, letting myself get carried to and fro, as if waves were gently pushing my thoughts along....

As the water began to cool, I forced myself up, a soft fluffy towel awaiting me. My hair once pinned neatly atop my head, cascaded down around my shoulders reminding me that I should get a hair cut soon, at least before the fund raiser next month.

I dried and revelled in my state, warmed and relaxed and content....