Tuesday, October 14, 2008

@$^%*@$&!!!



I have no patience. I am so sick and tired of receiving forwards. And its not just the "cutesy" ones that force me to hold down that veggie burger I had for lunch. I'll even admit to chuckling at a few of the funny ones I've received over the years. But its the stupid ones that really get me. The ones that spread lies and b.s. - as if our world isn't filled with enough - these morons have nothing better to do than to regurgitate the mindless drivel they've just swallowed...


There are a TON of resources available to you. Do your homework. I realize that doing actual "work" requires effort - unlike sitting back and being spoon fed idiocy via the internet, your inbox and your television...But I promise that a little thought won't hurt you - but stupidity KILLS...

Today's assault came in the form of an email attributing some long winded America should be thankful speech to David Letterman. A quick Google search found me at one of my favorite websites, Snopes. Specifically: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/hitnail.asp

Now, yes, I think we in America, should be thankful for what we do have - we have a lot. But that shouldn't mean complacency. It should mean that we continue to strive for improvement. We need to improve our impact upon the environment improve our contributions to the world, improve ourselves....AND STOP BEING SO IGNORANT...

...sigh....