Saturday, June 9, 2007

Never Let Me Go

That's the title of the book I just finished reading (by Kazuo Ishiguro). Well, not actually reading, I listened to it on my mp3 player. All I can say, through the tears that are running down my face, is wow. I don't know how to describe it really. I can't do it justice. It's been a long time since a book made me cry - though I am more prone to that type of behavior these days....Maybe when I gain a little perspective I can properly review the book. I will say this, hearing someone tell a story, like these audio books I keep buying, makes me feel closer to the characters. This book made me feel like I lost a close friend - not the sort of thing I need right now - but regardless of my personal baggage, to have a book move me in such a way is always wonderful as well as unsettling....

Anyway, I crammed in over 8 hours of homework today and then finished the book - I am burnt out! I am going to go be a vegetable for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!