Monday, September 17, 2012

Riot Fest!

So the weekend at Riot Fest was the best weekend I've had in ages. Surrounded, enveloped, immersed in music. Amazing music. It started on Saturday with Of Mice and Men, caught a little Frank Turner, then GWAR, The Gaslight Anthem (♥♥♥♥) and ended with Dropkick Murphys and some moshing.

Sunday's opener for me was Imagine Dragons, then heard a bit of Less Than Jake, saw AWOLNATION (♥♥♥OMGOMGOMGOMG YAY!!!♥♥♥), listened to Jesus and Mary Chain from a distance - same with Elvis Costello then finally finished the day with Alkaline Trio.

My mementos were a pair of fuzzy dice for Mia, a kickass sparkle purse in red, a layer of park filth that I think will take a week of scrubbing to remove and some tired legs from two days of bouncing around. We has a sadistic ferris wheel operator who wouldn't let us off - I feared we'd miss Gaslight Anthem we were on the damned thing so long. We boarded the ride at the same time as two other people, yet they were let off while we went around and around and around. And around. Again. And again. To be quite honest, it was funny as hell.

I had forgotten how much I love music. How important it is to me. How much meaning and influence..How much I love it live.

Anyway, I need to get on with it. I'll be reeling from this for weeks, I'm sure. :-)
Riot Fest 2012