Monday, August 27, 2012

Tell me why...

I don't like Mondays!

Yesterday, we walked all afternoon in the rain, poking in little shops, dodging the bigger droplets as best we could. Ducking under awnings when possible, though I wasn't really minding being rained upon - but my shoes got really soaked which was a little icky. Probably not smart to wear my sparkle shoes in the rain. I wasn't thinking....

There was this adorable shop that I must return to and then a shop of puzzles and board games that were totally fascinating. I will be back to do real shopping there - I found a set of adorable coffee/tea mugs and some other random accessories that I wouldn't mind owning, once the condo gets in order.

We stopped for sushi and debated going to the movies, but we ended up on his couch - he hadn't seen The Duchess yet and it's one of my favorites (Yeah, I know stuff doesn't blow up but I do love a good costume drama). I didn't linger long after the film, needing to head home to study and do laundry - both were almost failures - machines were in use, I got distracted by shiny objects and wondering if people explode when they're jettisoned into the vacuum that is outer space. Ok, so not so shiny - but I bagged up some junk that I jettisoned out of the condo this morning and I learned that people do not explode in space but the moisture on your tongue might boil. I played a few logic games but they made me sleepykitty and I started to pass out. Not a total fail of an evening but a touch off course.

Anyway, I should get on with the day and get myself to work!