Thursday, May 3, 2012

Siriusly Stupid

So...With my cutie-car, Mia, I got satellite radio. I had a free subscription at first, several months of listening to Alt Nation and the Bruce Springsteen station - not to mention the all 80s station, got me hooked. So I paid for a year of service and enjoyed the year at a promotional rate of like $75.

My year ended and when I looked into renewing, it came to almost $200. This was difficult for me to justify for the 3 stations (Ok, 4 because I couldn't unprogram NASCAR radio from one of the presets and was forever hitting that button - if my hatred for NASCAR wasn't at it's peak before, it soon arrived there because while I thought there was nothing more obnoxious than watching cars drive in a circle, it's listening to them drive in a circle).

I digress...

So I called Sirius and inquired if they had any specials or promotions I could take advantage of. They said no. I said are you sure? I'd love to keep the service but I just think $200 for the year is too high. They said no. I said, ok, please let my account expire then.

Here we are a week later...I get an email from them....offering me a promotion to return for $25 and they'll even waive the set up fee of $15.00.....

WTF?

Seriously?

Sigh....