Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Death, Taxes and Fund Raising!

Fund Raising First:

So, May's charitable effort is aimed at raising money for Misericordia! This is a very worthy organization in the Chicagoland area. If you're in the area, you've seen them out and about recently with the Jelly Belly jellybeans.

Making a donation is really, really, really easy - all you have to do is send a text (but you don't get jellybeans):

TEXT 25383 and enter keyword MIS to make a $5 Candy Day donation! You can do this up to six time per month!


Please take a moment and, if you can spare it, send Misericordia a $5 donation today!


I spend a lot of time in cemeteries and people seem to think I have some sort of morbid preoccupation with death....

Here's the deal, I usually bring my coffee, journal, camera, bread (for the critters) and wander around....It's peaceful, surrounded by nature - I get to feed geese! :-), no traffic, and generally no people....

I write, I think, I feed things, I walk, I take pictures, I make up stories or simply wonder about the people buried there. I read headstones, some have fascinating quotes or beautiful carvings....

And here's the other thing, if people didn't want their lives to be memorialized or remembered or thought about, they wouldn't be buried in a cemetery!

This is more about life than it is about death....


So at the very last minute, TurboTax saved my butt....I am really not sure what was going on but I totally and completely forgot about my taxes until the 11th hour.

Thankfully, not only did I get my filing done on time, but I got a nice little refund in record time! It was awesome! I caught up a few bills and I did treat myself to a few little luxuries - no, no Coach or Juicy purses, lol. Just a few little things, such as a new pair of Sketchers to replace my sad, pathetic ones. The new ones are black (of course) with cute pink trim. :-)