Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Remiss...

So I had promised myself to keep up with my blogging as I feel it is a good outlet. And yet it's been about a month since my last post and weirdly everything and nothing has changed - if that's possible.

I survived the anniversary of Abby's death and my birthday relatively well. I was going to post something but the words felt wrong, so I immersed myself in distraction. Family and friends spoiled me. It was all very bittersweet.

Work has been a bit overwhelming and I had contracted a nasty cold that had a lingering cough. It's kept me from the gym for a couple weeks - I fear that not much of a workout would be had if I were stopping to cough up a lung every 5 minutes.

Nick is progressing nicely in his Tae Kwon Do classes, I've had the joy of watching him regularly now - though his ADD sometimes gets the best of him (yes, I can totally relate). They recently had their tests and those Jr Blackbelts are just AMAZING and The Nick broke his first board - with a barefoot kick, nonetheless!

There are things I want to say, things I need to say and yet I find I'm at such a loss for words some days. They aren't cohesive. Just fragments of thoughts and feelings. I can report on the happenings but my involvement in them escapes me….

I withdrew from things for the last few days, unable to reach out - working through things in my head. And I hate that because I feel neglectful. But the people in my life are far too patient, far too understanding and far too loving. I am lucky.

There are three women in my life who have been particularly amazing and I cannot for the life of me express what their friendships mean to me. They have continuously supported me and backed me up. I couldn't do it without you (Snowy, Mia and Julie). I really couldn't. What I think is so amazing is all three of you have been able to put yourselves in my shoes and feel the pain, the insanity, then step back and support me through it all - sometimes offering advice, sometimes just offering an ear, and always offering laughter. I am humbled by your strength, patience and love.

Anyway, I guess those are some of the feelings I can express without needing to seek out the right words.

Enough for now.

If you're reading this, most likely I love you and I appreciate you being here. XOXO my beloved friends and family.