Thursday, January 19, 2012

It Will Be Ok...

I had orginally titled this something different....But in thinking about it, I think what it comes down to is that it will be ok...

Had an interesting conversation about guilt. I feel guilty for so many things, things beyond my control, things that I have nothing to do with - I always have, since being a child. I remember being a kid and feeling guilt and despair for griefs in the world - war, famine, abuses. But I cannot feel guilty for the rays of sunshine that I grab a hold of amidst this storm in my head and in my heart...

But then, there are these moments, where I find myself in certain company, enjoying humor and laughter and that's when I realize the joys of life again.

I enjoy these moments of unbridled hilarity. I cannot feel guilty for finding pure joy, a genuine smile - from ear to ear, stomach aching laughter...

These are the moments, the ones that get me through, and they are more and more frequent, thanks to all those to stepped in and stepped up...Like old times, in someways, new shapes, new stories, but still old times....

There are some cliches and quotes that seem so fitting these days...

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger...

Everything happens for a reason...

If you love something, set it free...

I need not a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better....

It's the friends you can call up at 3 a.m. that matter....

There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love....

Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand....


I'm interested to see what happens next....I'll say this, this lifetime never ceases to surprise me....