Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday night homework...sigh...


Why are people stupid? I'm having the most asinine discussion with a classmate. She's completely missing the point and responding with trite quotes from random characters in American history. INFORMATION IN ITSELF IS NOT INHERENTLY DANGEROUS. Simply hearing a divergent viewpoint does not necessarily set the stage for - well - anything in particular to happen. If I knew how to create an atom bomb does that mean that I'm going to wage war (ok, well, yes, for me it does, lol but I mean if a sane person holds this knowledge) or blow something up? No. It is just that - knowledge. It is what we do with that knowledge that can be dangerous - note I said CAN not WILL....Ok, sorry...

So I went to the Cubs game (we WON yesterday and TODAY - snuck in a few innings whilst doing homework) with work yesterday and while I wasn't particularly thrilled about going I ended up having a really good time. I forgot how much I actually enjoy baseball. I do NOT, however, enjoy other Cubs fans. They are obnoxious and were I in possession of the plans to an atom bomb, they would be my first target. We just had bleacher admission so by the time we got there we couldn't find any seats and it was about 100 degrees but in all fairness it wasn't that bad. I'm a little sunburned and the heat really does get to me after awhile but it was a nice outing overall. I'm glad we all went.

Today was spent first taking my mom's dogs out for a morning romp then home to do homework - which I've been at all afternoon and will continue to be at for a while longer. This will leave me free to see my baby tomorrow morning for a bit! YAY! I've missed her terribly. And then I'll have an exciting Sunday full of cleaning and, wait..wait...You guessed it, LAUNDRY! Boy, story of my life - just one thrill after another...Enjoy some SxDx (I know its old, but so am I):



I'm almost finished with my BA. August 24th is not that far off...I'm..in an awkward place - I just don't quite believe it. It doesn't feel real...

Well, I need to get back at it. I thought I might blog a bit while some files are uploading but they seem to be done. Gotta get back to my inane discussion!