Thursday, June 14, 2007

Venting...

Ok, I realize that not everyone has the same amount of Internet exposure and experience I have but I find it so frustrating that a good portion of our users expect the impossible from us and don't have any concept of what is realistic....

First, we cannot know everything about every browser available. When our users are too spastic to figure out (even though we've posted it in the online HELP) that their browser is caching and then we tell them it appears that their browser is caching - they then get annoyed that we don't know the exact steps on how to clear the cache of AOL v. -0.5!!!!

Second, the Internet is full of kids and weirdos. GET USED TO IT! In the past couple of months there have been several users who have posted blogs - they don't protect their blogs and then they get comments....or they publicly post their email addresse and they get emails!!! SURPRISE.....not all of the comments and emails are nice rays of sunshine....Sometimes, they're 13 year old kids trying to freak you out and they've succeeded when you go running to the police or to your provider and expect us to track down these people when they use FAKE information. Yes, I know it is a complete shock to you that someone can invent and use FALSE information on the internet but they do it.

Where to these people have the time to sit around and be freaked out because someone called them a doody-head (yeah, I am not kidding) on their blog and then, to take it SERIOUSLY?? And how can you take the word "doody-head" seriously????....this happens more often than I ever thought it would.....If you are that paranoid or easily bothered, then don't have a blog - or at least not one that can be accessed by anyone....

Ok, I need to get back to it. I just needed to vent for a moment...Oh and you can feel free to call me a doody-head.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!