Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Glass Houses....


I have this friend, and I use that term loosely, who challenges me regarding certain romantic leanings. This vexes me greatly as we cannot dictate to our hearts. Oh that we could!

His claim is that it is for my own benefit, however, I have a difficult time reconciling this as the arguments presented are weak, at best. And implying that the object of my affections is some how  lessor  and undeserving merely angers me.

I do not appreciate superiority and smugness. And it is not as if his relationship is one that should be emulated - at least should this continue to progress, physical violence will not be involved. Glass houses being what they are, one should use caution.

Now, I realize that there are other pitfalls - it is not that I am unaware. I am not so foolish. But I do struggle with the dichotomy that is heart and head. And it is my own battle, fought on my own terms.

It is not that I am unappreciative of input and insight, however, the delivery is what has the largest impact. For example, I can dialogue with Snowy and though it may garner The Tone or an exasperated sigh, she is never harsh or cruel - just matter of fact and honest. That goes a long way with me - much further than attacks on superficial things.

For all of *his* faults, *his* character cannot really be questioned. There is an unfaltering sense of right and duty that is rare. And no, this is not over romanticized ramblings. This is based upon what I have seen and heard - the actions of a kind and good man. What is even more amazing is *his* modesty. *He* just quietly does what he thinks is right.

And that impresses the hell out of me.

But this friend and his approach, do not impress me one single bit.




I am getting a massage today after work - I am looking forward to it. It is much needed. I always have a few trepidations when seeing a new provider, I'm not always the most receptive to change, but today I think the need outweighs any fears.


Bruce Springsteen is coming to Chicago....I'm very tempted.....Really good seats seem to be really expensive. Hmmm. Need to investigate this further.