Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hate is a new cell phone...


I'm finally starting to feel a little better. I didn't go in to work again today - which is ok, for now. I've been up and about the house for a couple of hours and now just logging in to check email and such before getting back on the couch. I can't seem to get this out of my system. i have grown weary of bananas, rice, toast and applesauce, that's all the drs. are allowing me to eat until i'm completely better.

Though i have to say that at least there was no hospital this time, for which i am thankful.

So last week my beloved cell phone died. The krzr that i loved....in a panic (my cell phone is my lifeline) i ran to the T-Mobile store with a raging fever and threw myself upon the mercy of a 19 year old sales guy. All that mattered to me was that the phone would accept my sim card and i would walk out of there with a fully functional phone.

It seems that a techno-gadget loving junkie like me and a 19 y/o sales boy have very different ideas of the meaning of "fully functional". I am now in possession of a Nokia XpressMusic Slider Phone, like the picture, though mine is red. They do not offer shiny silver, like my krzr. Nor do they offer plain black.

My phone is silly and i do not like it. Normally i spend time researching and pricing my gadgets. But out of desperation, this is what i got...I believe i have two weeks in which to return it and i may very well do so next weekend. I do not have the capacity to understand all of my phone. And things like the phonebook do not make sense. For example, it lists three entries for my mother, home, work and cell. But they each just go by "Mom" - so I have to drill down a level to determine WHICH phone i'm calling...my beautiful krzr would list them all under "Mom" and i could scroll to pick the number i wanted.

i think i'm getting old....sigh...not as adaptable as i used to be....

Ok, back to couch shortly....